Project: Realtime lead exchange
Problem: The client has been collaborated with many leads suppliers and buyers using direct agreement for a long time. The main disadvantage of such agreements is the lack of possibility to show the lead to several buyers and get the best price. Main direct agreement problems:
- the client doesn’t get the maximum revenue;
- not all leads are sold which causes profit losses;
- sometimes bought leads are not relevant and again it’s profit losses.
Solution: Together with the client, we decided to create a realtime lead exchange with advanced targeting to solve all the problems listed above.
Following functionality was implemented:
- collecting lead data from partners. It was implemented by integrations with several lead buying partners;
- collecting lead data from suppliers. It was made by integrations with transferring lead profiles partners;
- auction is held based on received data in strict time limits (auction timeout is 300 ms).
As a result, developed architecture and solution allowed us to eliminate all of the client’s listed problems and increase the revenue.
Results: This project implementation helped the client to achieve significant results:
- traffic sellers increased their profit from the auction;
- buyers have advanced targeting opportunity to buy only relevant traffic;
- direct agreements with buyers are not needed.
Technology stack: OpenJDK 1.8, Kotlin, Spring boot/data/web, PostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx, Tomcat, Jenkins, Docker