Who is the client?
A US based interactive marketing company focused on the music industry.
- Offers web platform that helps artists and other companies target online advertisements
- Works in different countries across the world
- Client has a lot of partnerships and integrations
- Offers feature-rich link shortener
- Increase profit
- Get new clients
- Integrate with key partners (partners wants to remain nameless at the moment)
- Upgrade targeting capabilities
To solve these problems, existing campaign manager needed improvement.
Whitelabel campaign manager replacement ( no access to source code for external integrations) , API for external integrations with RTB exchange. Data Management Platform(DMP) module to be built from scratch.
- “Fixed price” model was used. We fixed and agreed on the set requirements, timeline and cost.
- DMP demos were held on a bi-weekly basis. This allowed us to get feedback instantly and to adjust the deliverables
- Weekly project status report kept our client aware of the completed tasks and plans for the next week.
- Quick, regular sync up calls with business analyst made the client feel more confident and clarified requirements to our engineering team without any interruption in development.
- Angular 5, TypeScript, HTML5, Sass, Node.js, npm, Angular CLI
- OpenJDK 1.8, Kotlin, Spring boot/data/web
- PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Nginx, Tomcat
- Jenkins, Docker
- AWS (ES2, S3, SES, Route 53)
How did we approach the problems?
- Determined business process and elicited requirements
- Analyzed existing DMP and Campaign manager. Documents and UI
- Conducted interviews (including focus groups and surveys/questionnaires)
- Estimated efforts and costs
- Adapted existing business processes rather than creating from scratch
- Prototyped DMP solution (mockups, wireframes)
- Created documentation in wiki system (Confluence)
- Solid and scalable DMP back-end was implemented
- Campaign manager UI became consistent and reliable
- Implicit flows became explicit
- Fault-tolerant system for Campaign manager was implemented
- API for RTB integrations
- Satisfied users and stakeholders
Maxilect does more! Our team stands behind all products they designed. We would love to build the product you wish for. Just give us a call, it’s free. Or write us via email@example.com.
Author: Maxim Korotkov, Maxilect CEO
Editor: Tom Denman, Business Development Partner